“Biology, Ancestral Knowledge and Management:
Indo-Pacific Fishes facing global change”
10th Indo-Pacific Fish Conference, Tahiti, French Polynesia, October 2017
10th IPFC Sessions
A total of 42 sessions (from the 53 proposed) have been accepted (see here) for IPFC10. These 42 sessions are divided into 9 research themes:
- Origin, Evolution, Taxonomy and Bio/Phylogeography of Indo-Pacific Fishes
- Fisheries and Aquaculture in the Indo-Pacific
- Recent advances in the Study of Coral Reef Fishes
- Biology, Ecology, Ethology and Conservation of Sharks, Rays and Top-predators
- Freshwater, Diadromous, Cryptobenthic, Mesophotic and Deep-Sea Fishes: Essential Knowledge Required to Better Manage the Global Biodiversity in the Indo-Pacific
- Local and Global Threats to Indo-Pacific Fish and the Potential Solutions
- Long Term Monitoring of Indo-Pacific Fishes
- The Future of Fish and Human Interactions
- Other topics (e.g. Women in Marine Sciences; General session)
Call for Abstracts: Oral Presentation, Poster or Flash Talk
One submission per participant. IPFC participants will have one of the three following options for the presentation of their research:
- an oral presentation (approximately 12-15 minutes, depending on the number of speakers),
- a poster (85 cm wide and 180 cm high), or
- a poster AND a flash talk. The poster and the flash talk will be on the same research thematic (i.e., only one abstract submitted). Poster dimensions: 85 cm wide and 180 cm high. Flash talks will take place at the end of each session. Each speaker will have a maximum of 4 slides and exactly 3 minutes to present their research.
Please note: the participant who present in “The Women in Marine Sciences” session (Session I) may give two presentations: one oral presentation in the “women” session and one oral presentation or one poster/flash talk in another session.
Modifications of the abstract are possible until the 22th of July. Reviewing process starts only after the 22th of July.
Proposal format is as follows:
Registration and abstract submissions are managed through the conference website at: https://ipfc10.sciencesconf.org/. Once logged in, you can submit an abstract and register for the IPFC10.
The Call for Abstracts is open from March 1 to July 22, 2017.
Registration is open from April 16 to August 11, 2017.
Please note: Only those participants who submit an abstract and register before July 22nd will be allowed to present their research (oral presentation, poster or flash talk) at the IPFC. Participants who register after July 22nd will be allowed to attend the conference, but will not be given the opportunity to present their research.